The NHS, together with McCrystal Opticians, will cover the full cost of an eye test and glasses for anyone who qualifies (funding does not apply to everyone). In some cases, the NHS will also give an optical voucher towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses.
All of our customers receive the same level of care, attention, advice and follow-up services, regardless of whether their eye test is NHS-funded or not.
Are you entitled to a free NHS Eye Examination?
The NHS Eye Examination is free to:
- Under 16s
- Under 19s in full-time education
- Over 60s
- Anyone on low income support, income-based job seekers allowance, tax credit exemption card holder and pension credit.
- People who require certain complex lenses
- Anyone with glaucoma or diabetes
- Over 40s and the brother, sister or child of someone with glaucoma